Operational change impact measurement
Girteka is the largest full truck load transport company in Europe, with more than 8000 trucks in its fleet. In 2020, they started a digital transformation and were onboarding a vendor for load planning optimization. We were tasked with assessing company’s needs and providing an accurate measurement of the impact of this optimization.
- We delivered a suite of KPIs that were aligned with all the stakeholders, as well as an implementation of necessary computations, a dashboard for visualization, and a detailed documentation.
- We designed a Bayesian structural time series model that separated the impact of the optimization solution from those of calendar events and business seasons.
- We delivered a fully working modern data engineering pipeline that flexibly integrated into their existing IT infrastructure.
- Based on our analysis and recommendations, Girteka decided to invest in a partnership with Nexogen.
- Our solution allowed Girteka to confidently estimate the impact of Nexogen’s solution, stating that “as we partnered with Nexogen to utilize their Artificial Intelligence (AI) Planner, we managed to reduce the number of empty kilometers that our trucks drive by as much as 10%” (source).